2011 Subaru Forester®
2.5X • 2.5X Premium • 2.5X Limited • 2.5X Touring • 2.5XT Premium • 2.5XT Touring
- Third generation Forester enters its third model year.
- Sport Utility Tough, Car Easy® crossover design blends positive SUV attributes such as a high seating point and interior versatility and off-pavement capability with passenger-car comfort, handling and fuel efficiency.
- Standard Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) give Forester models outstanding all-climate traction and stability.
New for 2011
- 2.5X models debut all-new engine: 170 horsepower is same as before, at slightly lower rpm; torque is up to 174 lb.-ft. at 4,100 rpm (vs. 170 @ 4,400 rpm); fuel economy is improved 2.5-liter horizontally opposed layout remains but is now DOHC with chain-driven camshafts, Active Valve Control System (AVCS) variable valve timing, direct ignition and cylinder head mounted multi-spray fuel injectors.
- New 2.5X Touring positioned above Limited: features HID headlights (low beam) with automatic height adjustment, display audio system with rear-vision camera, dual zone automatic climate control, silver finish roof rails, electroluminescent gauges, one-touch folding rear seatback, side mirrors with integrated turn signals and more.
- 2.5XT models now include 2.5XT Premium and 2.5XT Touring, the latter replacing 2.5XT Limited as top Forester model.
- 10-way power driver’s seat standard on 2.5XT Premium.
- Redesigned front grille
- Bluetooth® audio streaming and hands-free phone connectivity standard on all but base 2.5X model.
- New standard audio system for 2.5X Premium and 2.5XT Premium: AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD player and six speakers; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth hands free calling and audio streaming; iPod® control capability; USB port and SIRIUS® Satellite Radio capability.
- Optional TomTom® Navigation System for 2.5X Premium includes removable 4.3-inch touch-screen portable navigation device, AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD/DVD player and six speakers, 3.5mm auxiliary input jack, Bluetooth audio streaming and hands-free calling, iPod control capability and USB port. A rear-vision camera is available as an accessory with this system.
- New audio system for 2.5X Limited and Touring and 2.5XT Touring models: AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD/DVD player and six speakers, 4.3-inch display screen, 3.5mm auxiliary input jack, Bluetooth hands free calling and audio streaming, HD radio with iTunes tagging, iPod control capability, USB port and Sirius Satellite Radio capability. (A rear-vision camera is standard on Touring models and available as an accessory for Limited models.)
- Driver’s auto up/down window with pinch protection (except base model, which has driver’s auto-down only).
- New-design 17-inch alloy wheels for 2.5X Premium.
- Body-color roof spoiler on 2.5XT models
- Tilt/telescoping steering column on all models except base 2.5X (which has tilt).
- Revised front brakes for less disc drag.
- Sophisticated chassis featuring double-wishbone rear suspension provides outstanding crash-worthiness and offers crisp handling and smooth ride.
- Two different versions of Symmetrical AWD, depending on transmission: Models with 5-speed manual transmission feature Continuous AWD with a viscous-coupling locking center differential that splits power 50:50 front to rear. Models with 4-speed automatic transmission use Active Torque Split AWD with electronically managed continuously variable transfer clutch that actively manages the power split based on acceleration, deceleration and available traction. Both systems power all four wheels and will transfer power to the wheels with the best grip.
- Incline Start Assist (5-speed models) can momentarily prevent the vehicle from rolling backward when being driven away from a stop on an incline.
- IIHS Top Safety Pick.
- Ring Shaped Frame Reinforcement body structure provides outstanding occupant protection. Standard safety features include 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions, front seatbelt pretensioners and force limiters, Subaru Advanced Airbag System, curtain side air bags, front seat side-impact air bags and rear seat headrests for all three seating positions. Active front head restraints can help reduce the potential for whiplash injury in a rear collision, and a safety brake pedal system can help reduce lower leg injury in a frontal collision.
Body 5-passenger SUV
Wheelbase 103.0 in.
Length 179.5 in.
Height 66.9 in. (65.9 in. for 2.5X)
Width 70.1 in.
Forester 2.5X DOHC 4-cyl. 2.5-liter Boxer (new for 2011)
Horsepower 170 hp @ 5,800 rpm
Torque 174 lb.-ft. @ 4,100 rpm
Transmission 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic
Forester 2.5XT DOHC 4-cyl. 2.5-liter
Boxer, turbocharged with
Horsepower 224 hp @ 5,200 rpm
Torque 226 lb.-ft. @ 2,800 rpm
Transmission 4-speed automatic
Key Standard Features
- 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS and Brake Assist
- 12-volt cargo area power outlet
- 16×6.5-inch steel wheels with full covers
- 24-hour roadside assistance for new-car limited warranty period
- 60/40 split fold down rear seatback
- Air conditioning with air filtration
- AM/FM stereo system with single-disc CD player, XM® or SIRIUS® Satellite Radio capability and four speakers
- Cargo light and tie-down hooks
- Carpeted floor mats
- Cruise control
- Fuel economy gauge (average mpg)
- Headlights/parking lights auto-off with ignition switch
- Height-adjustable driver’s seat
- Incline Start Assist (5-speed manual transmission)
- Interior accent lighting
- Multi-information display with digital clock and trip computer
- Overhead console with sunglasses holder and dual map lights
- Power door locks
- Power side mirrors
- Power windows with driver’s one-touch auto down
- Rear window wiper with washer
- Rear seat armrest
- Remote keyless entry / security system and engine immobilizer
- Tilt-adjustable steering column
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC)
- Variable intermittent windshield wipers
2.5X Premium adds:
- 10-way power driver’s seat
- 17-in. alloy wheels with 225/55 R17 tires
- AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD player; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth hands free calling and audio streaming; iPod control capability; USB port and Sirius Satellite Radio capability.
- Auto up/down driver’s window with pinch protection
- Body-color mirrors
- Chrome door handles
- Dark tint privacy glass
- Panoramic power moonroof
- Reclining rear seatback
- Rear seat bottom retractable tray
- Roof rails
- Steering wheel audio and Bluetooth control switches
- Tilt/telescoping steering column
All-Weather Package (heated front seats, heated exterior mirrors, and a windshield wiper de-icer)
TomTom Navigation System includes removable/portable touch screen navigation system with 4.3-inch screen; AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD/DVD player and six speakers; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth hands free calling; iPod control capability, USB port and traffic information (by subscription); a rear-vision camera is available as an accessory with this system.
2.5XT Premium adds over 2.5X Premium
- 224-hp 2.5-liter DOHC intercooled/turbocharged Boxer engine
- 4-speed automatic transmission
- Aluminum alloy pedal covers, including driver’s footrest
- Functional hood scoop (supplies outside air to intercooler)
- Rear roof spoiler
2.5X Limited adds over 2.5X Premium
- 4-speed automatic transmission
- Automatic climate control system
- All-Weather Package
- Rear-vision camera available as accessory
- Cargo area tray
- Fog lights
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter handle
- Perforated leather-trimmed upholstery
- Stainless steel tailpipe tips
Touring adds over Limited (note: 2.5XT available as Premium and Touring only)
- Rear-vision camera
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system
- Electroluminescent instrumentation
- Exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals
- HID low-beam headlights
- One-touch folding rear seatback
- Roof rails with silver finish
Optional for Limited and Touring: GPS touch-screen navigation system with 7-inch LCD screen and rear-vision camera.Read More